Re: arc/arm/config.in still broken 2.4.19-2.4.29 ?

From: Russell King
Date: Sat Mar 26 2005 - 17:56:35 EST

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 08:33:21PM +0000, Bryan O'Donoghue wrote:
> Greetings list.
>
> arch/arm/config.in has an error which breaks make.
>
> I've googled this a bit just by searching for drivers/ssi/Config.in and the
> first reference I find to this breakage is in 2002 !
>
> For completeness shouldn't this really be removed once and for all?
>
> I'm not clear on what the procedure is for submitting a patch, but, I've
> included one to save somebody else the bother.

ARM is not maintained in mainline 2.4 kernels. It's a dead loss trying to
merge ARM into 2.4 kernels due to many invasive kernel changes.

You need a 2.4-vrs patch on top of mainline 2.4 kernels to make them build
for ARM. See www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/ for more information.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core