Re: Can't use SYSFS for "Proprietry" driver modules !!!.

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 03:58:15 EST

> BTW, to all you "But my drivers must be proprietary!" nerds out there,
> take a look at 3ware, Adaptec, etc. They have _great_ hardware and yet
> they release all of their drivers under the GPL. They get free updates
> to new kernel APIs too!

Well, it boils down to the full sourcecode. NVidia does only half.
Other good examples besides 3ware are: VMware kernel modules and
SUNWut/SRSS3 Linux Kernel modules.

Looks like there's only the GPU industry left that thinks somebody could
"mis"use the kmod to make them (:one company) inferior on the market.

Jan Engelhardt
--
No TOFU for me, please.