2.6.12-rc1-mm3: class_simple API

From: Nick Orlov
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 13:07:07 EST

I'm really sorry for bringing such a "flame-creative" topic to the list,
but Greg asked me to do so after a short discussion in private.

Problem is that the latest bk-driver-core patch included in the 2.6.12-rc1-mm3
removes class_simple API without providing EXPORT_SYMBOL'ed (as opposed to
EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL) alternative.

As the result I don't see a way how out-of-the-kernel non-GPL drivers
(nvidia in my case) could be fixed.

So, basically the questions are:

- Whether the changes like the one above are "the right thing to do" ?
- What's the best way to deal with this particular issue ?

P.S. Please CC me, I'm not subscribed to the list.

--
With best wishes,
Nick Orlov.