Re: Disc driver is module, software suspend fails

From: Jim Carter
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 19:29:14 EST

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Pavel Machek wrote:

> There's another feature that enables you to start resume manually with
> some echo to /sys... Perhaps it needs to be documented better, I'm
> looking for a patch ;-).

But how can it resume from a swap device for which it has no driver?
Even if you copied the needed module(s) onto the swap device, the kernel
needs the modules to be loaded before it can read anything. The driver
would be there if resuming happened after the initrd loaded it. But
I wasn't able to make that actually work.

James F. Carter Voice 310 825 2897 FAX 310 206 6673
UCLA-Mathnet; 6115 MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA, USA 90095-1555
Email: jimc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc (q.v. for PGP key)