/dev/rtc <-> scheduler

From: shai lifshitz
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 07:57:19 EST

Hi,

I am working in 10 msec tick, and run separate task with the /dev/rtc that operate in 1/1024 sec
(about 1 msec).

I see that the RTC task is activated every 1 msec (as expected).

Can anybody explain how the scheduler is activated each 1 msec, although the minimal time
slice is 10 msec.

What I am looking for is the exact function/mechanism that causes this high frequency scheduling
(the function I am looking for is called from the IRQ 8 interrupt handler, but what is it????)

Sincerely

Shai Lifshitz