Re: swsusp 'disk' fails in bk-current - intel_agp at fault?

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 14:12:51 EST

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:18:31 +0200, Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > If you look at Andy's second trace you will see that we are waiting
> > for the disk I/O to get /sbin/hotplug from the disk. Pavel, do you
> > know why IO does not complete? khelper is a kernel thread so it is
> > marked with
> > PF_NOFREEZE. Could it be that we managed to freeze kblockd?
>
> Uf, no idea about kblockd freezing -- we certainly should not.
>
> *But*, if we are doing execve while system is frozen, something is
> very wrong. We should not be doing execve in the first place.

Well, there lies a problem - some devices have to do execve because
they need firmware to operate. Also, again, some buses with
hot-pluggable devices will attempt to clean up unsuccessful resume and
this will cause hotplug events. The point is you either resume system
or you don't. We probably need a separate "unfreeze" callback,
although this is kind of messy.

--
Dmitry