Re: Delay in a tasklet.

From: Davide Rossetti
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 05:16:54 EST

Bouchard, Sebastien wrote:

Hi,

I'm in the process of writing a linux driver and I have a question in
regards to tasklet :

Is it ok to have large delay "udelay(1000);" in the tasklet?

If not, what should I do?

Please send the answer to me personally (I'm not subscribe to the mailling
list) :

I'd be interested in the answer as well. I have a driver which does udelay(100), so no 1000 but anyway, and of course I end up having the X86_64 kernel happily crying. I'm moving to a little state-machine to allow for a multi-pass approach instead of busy-polling..
regards