init process freezed after run_init_process

From: rjy
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 23:18:20 EST

Hi,

My computer freezed after the kernel start. It started
with normal console messages and stopped with these messages:
------------------------------
... (just as the normal ones.)
NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17
NET: Registered protocol family 15
Bridge firewalling registered
802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8 Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
All bugs added by David S. Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxx>
kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
Freeing unused kernel memory: 136k freed
------------------------------
The kernel started successfully: it echos on keyboard pressing.
But the init process just REFUSE to work. GOD !

This is my grub config:
-----------------------------
root (hd0,0)
kernel /bzImage.via.386 root=/dev/ram0 rw ramdisk=49152
initrd /initrd.gz
-----------------------------

My CPU is VIA Samuel 2. Memory 128M. Chipset VIA VT82C686.
I configed my kernel with CyrixIII CPU family type,
and with RAM, INITRD and ext2/3 also on.

This kernel can work properly without initrd and ramdisk.
This kernel can work properly on intel CPU and chipset
even with initrd and ramdisk. :( Have I missed something?

I have KGDBed the starting process and run_init_process
returned OK: initrd decompressed properly and open_exec
returned non-zero.

Any instructions, references, or insight much appreciated.

Thanks