Re: AMD64 Machine hardlocks when using memset

From: Mikael Pettersson
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 06:43:56 EST

Paul Jackson writes:
> Yup - kills my x86_64 too. I can't stay up for half a minute.
> My mainboard is an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum.

I've tested both versions of the test program on two Athlon64 boxes,
and neither has had any problems with them.

My two machines are both VIA K8T800-based (a desktop and a laptop),
but it seems those of you who had problems have nForce-based machines.
So presumably it's either the nForce chipset or your memory timings are
out of spec.

/Mikael