Followup: PROBLEM: Kernel bug at tg3.c:2456

From: Sergio Chiesa
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 07:37:12 EST

Sergio Chiesa wrote:

7.7.
Well, it seems that with the original onboard raid controller the bug
didn't trigger... the controller was swapped with the lsi logic by my
supplier because it fails badly with raid-5 arrays (hw/fw related issue)
I also tried the original broadcom driver version 7.3.5 with similar
results...

I made some tests again, switching back to the onboard dual aic7902 scsi controller (non raid) the tg3 dont hung anymore.
I just noticed the IRQ mappings change between the two settings.
The Broadcom eth get always the IRQ #25, the two onboard scsi controllers get #24 and #25 (shared with the eth, is it harmful??) but the megaraid driver gets the IRQ #28

I think it is something IRQ related because if the eth hungs but the kernel is still running I see more than 140000 irq per second with "vmstat".

Hope it helps better!

Sergioc.