Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.12-rc1-V0.7.41-07

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 13:20:32 EST

On Thursday 31 March 2005 12:49, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>* Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Oh, and did your really want to assign debug = .1?
>>
>> - .debug = .1, .file = __FILE__, .line = __LINE__
>> + .debug = 1, .file = __FILE__, .line = __LINE__
>
>doh - indeed. This means rwlocks were nondebug all along? Ouch. I've
>uploaded -42-08 with the fix.
>
> Ingo

It wasn't there when I looked yet, so I just built 42-05, Ingo.
Almost everything works except I can't get any video out of tvtime,
and the audio quality is still intermittently tinny, sometimes cured
by an internal tvtime restart with earlier versions but not this
version. Tinny sound seem to be forever now.

Also, lots of logging from tvtime, as if it was getting the video but
missing a frame occasionally, and spit this out when I quit it.

Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: rtc latency histogram of {tvtime/5251,
1303 samples}:
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 4 1
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 5 190
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 6 455
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 7 264
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 8 84
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 9 42
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 10 22
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 11 34
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 12 15
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 13 21
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 14 19
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 15 18
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 16 10
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 17 6
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 18 8
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 19 6
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 20 8
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 21 1
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 22 2
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 23 2
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 25 1
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 26 2
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 29 1
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 30 2
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 47 1
Mar 31 13:05:00 coyote kernel: 9999 88

I have -08 now, so I'll go build that one next. Other than these,
this one 'feels' good.

>-
>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe
> linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: