RE: Industry db benchmark result on recent 2.6 kernels

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 15:09:44 EST

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Can you post oprofile data for a run?

Btw, I realize that you can't give good oprofiles for the user-mode
components, but a kernel profile with even just single "time spent in user
mode" datapoint would be good, since a kernel scheduling problem might
just make caches work worse, and so the biggest negative might be visible
in the amount of time we spend in user mode due to more cache misses..

Linus