Re: AMD64 Machine hardlocks when using memset

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 23:39:14 EST

Stelian Pop wrote:
Just a thought: does deactivating cpufreq change anything ?

I haven't tested yet your program, but on my Asus K8NE-Deluxe very
strange things happen if cpufreq/powernow is activated *and* the cpu frequency is changed...

Didn't change anything for me, I tried deactivating cpufreq, still crashes when I run that test program.

This is getting pretty ridiculous.. I've tried memory timings down to the slowest possible, ran Memtest86 for 4 passes with no errors, and it's been stable in Windows for a few months now. Still something is blowing up in Linux with this test though..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx