Re: Re: sata_sil Mod15Write quirk workaround patch for vanilla kernel avaialble.

From: Alexander Trotsai
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 02:12:08 EST

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 07:51:28AM +0900, Tejun Heo wrote:
TH> Hello, John.
TH>
TH> John Lash wrote:
TH> >On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:01:23 +0900
TH> >Tejun Heo <htejun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
TH> >
TH> >
TH> >>Hello, guys.
TH> >>
TH> >>I generated m16w workaround patch for 2.6.11.6 (by just removing two
TH> >>lines :-) and set up a page regarding m15w quirk and the workaournd.
TH> >>I'm planning on updating m15w patch against the vanilla tree until it
TH> >>gets into the mainline so that impatient users can try out and it gets
TH> >>more testing.
TH> >>
TH> >>http://home-tj.org/m15w
TH> >>
TH> >>Thanks.
TH> >>
TH> >>--
TH> >>tejun
TH> >>
TH> >
TH> >
TH> >Tejun,
TH> >
TH> >I applied the patch to a clean 2.6.11.6 kernel and got an unresolved
TH> >symbol error for "ATA_TFLAG_LBA". I tried changing that to
TH> >"ATA_TFLAG_LBA48" and
TH> >it compiles and runs.
TH> >
TH> >So far, no problems. Thanks a lot for the patch.
TH>
TH> I'm sorry. I uploaded the original patch against libata-dev-2.6 tree.
TH> The two BUG_ON() lines should just be removed. I've uploaded fixed
TH> patch. Thanks for pointing out.

Thanks
Seems to be worked (I'm install with ide-ata-2.6 patch)
But with heavy read load write performance is very very bad
(near 50-100 KBps)
But I think that is not problem of Silicon card (I have also
to SATA hard drives on Intel onboard SATA controller with
same performance troubles)

--
Best regard, Aleksander Trotsai aka MAGE-RIPE aka MAGE-UANIC
My PGP key at ftp://blackhole.adamant.ua/pgp/trotsai.key[.asc]