Re: module for controlling kprobes with /proc

From: Prasanna S Panchamukhi
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 03:36:43 EST

Hi Piotr,

Good way to make kprobes useful, but I have some comments.

>I have programmed a universal module to register/remove kprobes handlers
>by interacting with /proc with simple commands.

why /proc ?

You can use a combination of SysRq key to enter a kprobe command line prompt.
Initially you can define a dummy breakpoint for command line prompt and accept
commands from thereon.
Later display the list of features add/remove/display breakpoint, backtrace etc.
Also once you hit a breakpoint you give a command line prompt and user can backtrace/ dump some global memory, dump registers etc.

Thanks
Prasanna

--

Prasanna S Panchamukhi