2.4.30: pwc pwc_isoc_handler() called with status -84

From: Gabor Z. Papp
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 14:02:29 EST

I have a Philips 750 webcam camera, equipped with a
Sony CCD sensor + TDA878.

It was working fine with 2.4.29 and earlier kernels, often with
100-150 days uptime.

As I upgraded to 2.4.30-rc kernels, started getting such error in my
kernel log:

pwc Too many ISOC errors, bailing out.
pwc pwc_isoc_handler() called with status -84 [CRC/Timeout (could be anything)].

[khubd] got 100% cputime, and kernel just printed and printed this
message to the log, generating huge files. :-)

rc4 is still doing this. 1-2 hour online, the something get mad and
the pwc driver eat the cputime. 2.4.28 was 100% okay from this point
of view.

http://gzp.odpn.net/tmp/pwc/