Re: Oops in i810_audio (reply to herbert)

From: SuD (Alex)
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 15:25:55 EST

I already tried my own version of the patch with a few printk. I can tell you that both probe functions in (ac97_codec.c:719) would report the device as modem.

/* Check for an AC97 1.0 soft modem (ID1) */
codec->codec_read(codec, AC97_RESET) returned 0xd3a ...

/* Check for an AC97 2.x soft modem */ ...
codec->codec_read(codec, AC97_EXTENDED_MODEM_ID) returned 0x1

After that, i mentally applied your patch and appreciated no differences in behaviour.

PS: sorry for replying to the wrong email, i am not subscribed to the list yet.