Re: non-free firmware in kernel modules, aggregation and unclearcopyright notice.

From: Ian Campbell
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 03:30:16 EST

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 23:19 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

> I am only saying that the tg3.c and other file are under the GPL, and
> that the firmware included in it is *NOT* intented to be under the
> GPL, so why not say it explicitly ?

I don't think anyone here has disagreed. What almost everyone has said
however is "so go and do it" -- go do the research, contact the
copyright holders directly and get the permission to make patches, then
post them here.

There is really no point in discussing it here, just get on and do it.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

Cheops' Law:
Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget.