Re: AOE and large filesystems?

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 18:09:19 EST

Dan Stromberg wrote:
Some questions for the list:

1) Is anyone on the list using AOE in production?

2) Is anyone on the list using AOE in combination with md and/or LVM2?

3) Is anyone on the list using AOE on a 64 bit platform?

While I think AoE is "neat", IMO you really want to use something based on TCP, even on a LAN...

Your CPU usage w/ zerocopy offload could potentially be lowered w/ TCP, in addition to the built-in reliability.

As a tangent, I'd also like to see iSCSI over SCTP.

Jeff