Re: [stable] Re: [08/08] uml: va_copy fix

From: Renate Meijer
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 12:53:46 EST

On Apr 6, 2005, at 7:33 PM, Jörn Engel wrote:

On Wed, 6 April 2005 19:29:46 +0200, Renate Meijer wrote:

I think its worth the time and trouble to take this up with the gcc
crowd. So if you could provide a list of things 3.3 misses, i'm sure
the gcc-crowd would like it.

If you volunteer to do work with the gcc-crowd, I can dig up some old
stuff and send you testcases. Sure.

I'll volunteer. As I said, i think it's worth the time and trouble. But i can't do it on my own,
at least i need some backup from thee development community around here. You telling
me what's up, for one. I found one mail by Greg KH spelling out some of the problems, but you
suggest there's more to worry about.

Problem is, i'll be spending 5 weeks prety much scattered around europe, starting next friday and have
no idea on my online-ness yet. As it is, my trusty mac is my only digital companion, and my linux-box is in
storage for the time being.

So don't expect any results before May 17. But hey... Somebody has to do it. Just don't be surprised if the
folks at gcc do not agree with you "a prima vista". They may have a different idea on what exactly constitutes
a bug.

Upside is, i'll be taking my Mac anyway, so at least i'll have the sources handy. I'll start downloading tonight, so if you have data, please, lets have it.

Nevertheless, the points made in previous posts stand.

Regards,

Renate Meijer.
--

timeo hominem unius libri