Re: Kernel SCM saga..

From: David Lang
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 21:35:24 EST

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Martin Pool wrote:

I haven't tested importing all 60,000+ changesets of the current bk tree,
partly because I don't *have* all those changesets. (Larry said
previously that someone (not me) tried to pull all of them using bkclient,
and he considered this abuse and blacklisted them.)

pull the patches from the BK2CVS server. yes some patches are combined, but it will get you in the ballpark.

David Lang

I have been testing pulling in release and rc patches, and it scales to
that level. It probably could not handle 60,000 changesets yet, but there
is a plan to get there. In the interim, although it cannot handle the
whole history forever it can handle large trees with moderate numbers of
commits -- perhaps as many as you might deal with in developing a feature
over a course of a few months.

The most sensible place to try out bzr, if people want to, is as a way to
keep your own revisions before mailing a patch to linus or the subsystem
maintainer.

--
Martin