Re: connector is missing in 2.6.12-rc2-mm1

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 01:45:53 EST

Guillaume Thouvenin <guillaume.thouvenin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't see the connector directory in the 2.6.12-rc2-mm1 tree. So it
> seems that you removed the connector?

Greg dropped it for some reason. I think that's best because it needed a
significant amount of rework. I'd like to see it resubitted in totality so
we can take another look at it.

It's a new piece of core kernel infrastructure and the barriers for that
are necessarily high.

> Will you include it again in futur
> release? At the same time, will you include the fork connector?

I could put the fork connector into -mm, but would like to be convinced
that it's acceptable to and useful for all system accounting requirements,
not just the one project. That means code, please.