Re: 2.6.12-rc2-mm1

From: Siddha, Suresh B
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 20:11:58 EST

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 03:11:12AM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:
> Using the attached patch, a puny dual PIII-650 with ~400MB RAM swapped
> itself to death after 20000 infinite loop tasks had been pinned to one
> of the CPUs. See how you go.

Its goes well beyond the initial 7000 number I mentioned. Thanks.

One side-effect of this patch is: for example we have only two processes
running on a cpu and both are pinned to that cpu. If someone comes and
changes the affinity of one of these processes to all cpu's in the system,
then it might take MAX_PINNED_INTERVAL before this process moves to an idle cpu.

thanks,
suresh