2.6.11-ck4

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 21:46:59 EST

These are patches designed to improve system responsiveness. It is
configurable to any workload but the default ck* patch is aimed at the
desktop and ck*-server is available with more emphasis on serverspace.

Apply to 2.6.11:
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.11/2.6.11-ck4/patch-2.6.11-ck4.bz2
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.11/2.6.11-ck4/patch-2.6.11-ck4-server.bz2

web:
http://kernel.kolivas.org
all patches:
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/
Split patches available.

Changes since 2.6.11-ck2 (last public announcement):

Changed:
~schediso2.12.diff
Small policy fix to ensure real time tasks without privileges get dropped to
SCHED_ISO

Added:
+cfq-ts21-fix1.diff
+cfq-ts21-fix2.diff
Two small cfq bugfixes

+s10.6_s10.7.diff
Micro-optimisations for staircase cpu scheduler

+patch-2.6.11.7
Latest stable version

+2611ck4-version.diff
Version

Removed:
-nvidia_6111-6629_compat2.diff
Nvidia compatibility no longer required with new nvidia driver

-patch-2.6.11.1
-patch-2.6.11.2
-2611ck2-version.diff
obvious

Full patchlist:
2.6.11_to_staircase10.5.diff
s10.5_s10.6.diff
s10.6_s10.7.diff
Latest version of the staircase O(1) single priority array
foreground-background cpu scheduler

schedrange.diff
Eases addition of scheduling policies

schedbatch2.7.diff
Idle cpu scheduling

schediso2.12.diff
Unprivileged low latency cpu scheduling

mapped_watermark3.diff
Lighter memory scanning under light loads and far less swapping

1g_lowmem1_i386.diff
Support 1GB of memory without enabling HIGHMEM

cddvd-cmdfilter-drop.patch
Support normal user burning of cds

cfq-ts-21.diff
cfq-ts21-fix.diff
cfq-ts21-fix1.diff
cfq-ts21-fix2.diff
Complete fair queueing timeslice i/o scheduler v21

defaultcfq.diff
Enable the cfq I/O scheduler by default (-ck)

default_deadline.diff
Enable the deadline I/O scheduler by default (-server)

isobatch_ionice2.diff
Support for i/o priorities suitable for SCHED_ISO and SCHED_BATCH tasks

rt_ionice.diff
Support for i/o priority suitable for real time tasks

patch-2.6.11.7
The latest stable tree.

2611ck4-version.diff
Version

and available separately in the patches/ dir as an addon:
supermount-ng208-2611.diff
Simplest way to automount removable media

And don't forget to pour one of these before booting this kernel:
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.11/cognac.JPG

Cheers,
Con