Maximum data read/writes per SCSI Command

From: sai narasimhamurthy
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 22:41:40 EST

Hi,
I wanted to increase the number of sectors that could
be requested/Written per SCSI READ(10)/WRITE command
, and varying MAX_SECTORS in blkdev.h helped me to do
it. However I could not request more than 256 sectors
and could not write more than 1632 inspite of changing
MAX_SECTORS to higher numbers.
(request_bufflen stands still at 835584 for every
command)

Why is that? There is probably some other variable
that should be varied. Please let me know.
I am working on the UNH iSCSI initiator driver , and
am on kernel 2.4.29 .

Sai