Re: [RFC] Add support for semaphore-like structure with supportfor asynchronous I/O

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 18:34:39 EST

fr den 08.04.2005 Klokka 18:39 (-0400) skreiv Benjamin LaHaise:

> On the aio side of things, I introduced the owner field in the mutex (as
> opposed to the flag in Trond's iosem) for the next patch in the series to
> enable something like the following api:
>
> int aio_lock_mutex(struct mutex *lock, struct iocb *iocb);

Any chance of a more generic interface too?

iocbs are fairly high level objects, and so I do not see them helping to
resolve low level filesystem problems such as the NFSv4 state cleanup.

Cheers,
Trond

--
Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx>