Re: PCI-Express not working/unuseable on Intel 925XE Chipset since 2.6.12-rc1[mm1-4]

From: Bjorn Helgaas
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 22:36:14 EST

> Version from syskonnect site require only changing usage of
> pci_dev->slot_name to pci_name(pci_dev) in skge.c and skethtool.c. After
> that everything should work fine. So I think there is no need to post my
> path here but if you really whant I may do this. Whole path agains
> 2.6.12-rc2 take about 1.2 MB (diffstat attached below).

I agree, no need to post a whole 1.2MB patch (goodness, what's
in this driver, anyway, that it would need a 1.2MB *patch*? :-))

But you seem to be saying that the driver from syskonnect (and possibly
the one in 2.6.12-rc1-bk3 as well) does not work as-is, and that you have
a small patch that makes it work.

If so, I think it's worth posting the small patch, so other users
of the device can at least get it working until syskonnect gets
things squared away.

My apologies if I'm misunderstanding the situation.