Re: Kernel SCM saga..

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 12:37:30 EST

> (b) while I depend on the fact that if the SHA of an object matches, the
> objects are the same, I generally try to avoid the reverse
> dependency.

It might be a valid point that you want to leave the door open to using
a different (than SHA1) digest. (So this means you going to store it
as an ASCII string, right?)

But I don't see how that applies here. Any optimization that avoids
rereading old versions if the digests match will never trigger on the
day you change digests. No problem here - you doomed to reread the old
version in any case.

Either you got your logic backwards, or I need another cup of coffee.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability