2.6.11.x: bootprompt: ALSA: no soundcard detected

From: Dennis Heuer
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 03:26:42 EST

Hello,

I switched from 2.4 to 2.6.11 and found that the hard power-down now definetly needs ACPI, which stopped my soundplayer life from playing (stucking display and no sound), though. I installed 2.6.11.4, 2.6.11.5, and 2.6.11.7 but all three broke the hardware detection on my system. Now, with or without ACPI, the soundcard isn't even found.

There is no further error message, linux installs as always.

Regards,

Dennis Heuer