Re: [ANNOUNCE] git-pasky-0.1

From: Sean
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 14:55:14 EST

On Sun, April 10, 2005 12:55 pm, Linus Torvalds said:

> Larry was ok with the idea to make my export format actually be natively
> supported by BK (ie the same way you have "bk export -tpatch"), but
> Tridge wanted to instead get at the native data and be difficult about
> it. As a result, I can now not only use BK any more, but we also don't
> have a nice export format from BK.
>
> Yeah, I'm a bit bitter about it.

Linus,

With all due respect, Larry could have dealt with this years ago and
removed the motivation for Tridge and others to pursue reverse
engineering. Instead he chose to insult and question the motives of
everyone that wanted open-source access to the Linux history data. The
blame for the current situation falls firmly on the choice to use a
closed-source SCM for Linux and the actions of the company that owned it.

Sean