Re: bdflush/rpciod high CPU utilization, profile does not makesense

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 09:37:06 EST

mà den 11.04.2005 Klokka 15:47 (+0200) skreiv Jakob Oestergaard:

> Certainly;
>
> http://unthought.net/binary.dmp.bz2
>
> I got an 'invalid snaplen' with the 90000 you suggested, the above dump
> is done with 9000 - if you need another snaplen please just let me know.

So, the RPC itself looks good, but it also looks as if after a while you
are running into some heavy retransmission problems with TCP too (at the
TCP level now, instead of at the RPC level). When you get into that
mode, it looks as if every 2nd or 3rd TCP segment being sent from the
client is being lost...

That can mean either that the server is dropping fragments, or that the
client is dropping the replies. Can you generate a similar tcpdump on
the server?

Cheers,
Trond
--