Re: [RFC] FUSE permission modell (Was: fuse review bits)

From: Yaroslav Rastrigin
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 14:45:12 EST

Greetings, gentlemen,
On 11 April 2005 23:10, you wrote:

> Christoph was not objcting to lack of choice, rather the opposite. He
> would like to have only the "allow_other" behavior.
I think I could sched some light on this option.
It was needed when I was implementing SMB-to-FS connector (basically mapping
msnet into filesystem hierarchy), using smbmount to actually mount shares
over fuse-supported directory tree. smbmount (and sbmnt, in turn) needs to be
able to access mountpoint, and, unfortunately, this access is done under
setuid(0). allow_other can't be used in many cases, f.e. when user mounts
MSNet tree over /mnt (and can't protect /mnt with standard and proper
attributes ).

--
Managing your Territory since the dawn of times ...