RE: Digi Neo 8: linux-2.6.12_r2 jsm driver

From: Kilau, Scott
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 09:16:03 EST

Hi,

Not having the 8 port board listed in the JSM driver was actually
intentional.

IBM and Digi only want the 2 port Neo board supported in the JSM driver,
as IBM are only using the 2 port Neo products.

Digi has a different and more fully featured driver for the other port
count boards. (1, 4, 8).

If you would like, I can send you the source tarball of this version of
the driver instead,
its called DGNC, and contains more diagnostics and utilities.

LKML, please, do *NOT* apply this patch to the kernel!
It will cause conflicts if our customers have both the Digi DGNC and
IBM/Digi JSM drivers installed!

Thanks!
Scott Kilau