2.6.12-rc2*: CD recorder problem

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 11:38:50 EST

Hi,

On the kernels above and including 2.6.12-rc2 k3b is unable to operate my
IDE CD recorder. First time (after a fresh reboot) I start it, it detects the
recorder properly, but then it refuses to work (it says the media is unknown).
After k3b is restarted, it can't even detect the drive.

The problem does not occur on 2.6.11. I don't know whether it happens for the
kernels between 2.6.11 and 2.6.12-rc2, but I can check if that's necessary.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Greets,
Rafael

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.