Re: OOM problems with 2.6.11-rc4

From: Noah Meyerhans
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 12:02:45 EST

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 03:47:40PM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 11:12:18AM -0500, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> > Well, that's certainly an interesting question. The filesystem is IBM's
> > JFS. If you tell me that's part of the problem, I'm not likely to
> > disagree. 8^)
>
> It would be nice if you could reproduce with ext3 or reiserfs (if with
> ext3, after applying the memleak fix from Andrew that was found in this
> same thread ;). The below make it look like a jfs problem.
>
> 830696 830639 99% 0.80K 207674 4 830696K jfs_ip

I'll see what I can do. It may be difficult to move all the data to a
different filesystem. There are multiple terabytes in use.

I'll refer the JFS developers to this thread, too, they may be able to
shed some light on it.

Thanks.
noah

--
Noah Meyerhans System Administrator
MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory