Re: Exploit in 2.6 kernels

From: John M Collins
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 17:28:56 EST

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 16:02 -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> A-Freakin'-MEN me droogy.
>
> Hehehe, either a slow system, or you know how to transfer a working
> setup to another machine.
>
> My current image I use(d) for all of my machines was Built a long time
> ago, I think slink was what I used to build it. On a Pentium-90.
>
> Currently on an Athlon XP3200+ with bells and whistles not even thought
> of then. Moved through about 12 machines since the beginning.

Just to say thanks again for your help - got 2.6.11.7 going everywhere
without hitches. Of course I just called the kernels 2.6.11.7 everywhere
so one version of the nvidia module fitted all.

I also stuck it on a Dell laptop I've got - a Latitude 100L - and at
last I've got ACPI working so I can see the battery level before it
dies.

Maybe our "visitor" did us a favour. (Sort of).

--
John Collins Xi Software Ltd www.xisl.com Tel: +44 (0)1707 886110
(Direct) +44 (0)7799 113162 (Mobile)