Re: Adaptec 2010S i2o + x86_64 doesn't work

From: Markus Lidel
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 13:10:35 EST

Hello,

Alan Cox wrote:
On Gwe, 2005-04-15 at 17:15, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
However, I removed 2 GB from the box as Alan sugggested and now the box
comes up just fine with a 64-bit 2.6.11.6 kernel! I've put the 4GB back,
and booted with the kernel "mem=2048" command line option - that also
works, the i2o_block driver sees the adaptec controller just fine.
And I just booted it with "mem=3840M" and that works too.
So the problem appears to be 4 GB memory in 64 bit mode, on this box.

OK, i never tried it with 4 GB so it really could be a problem...

Or the driver is incorrectly handling 64/32bit DMA limit masks which
would be my first guess here, and would explain why it works on AMD
Athlon64 boxes.

Hmmm, i only set DMA_32BIT_MASK and don't do anything special on 64-bit systems... Is there anything else to do for correct DMA mapping?

Best regards,

Markus Lidel
Markus Lidel (Senior IT Consultant)

Shadow Connect GmbH