Re: [SATA] status reports updated

From: Tomasz Chmielewski
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 13:56:54 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:

My Linux SATA software/hardware status reports have just been updated. To see where libata (SATA) support stands for a particular piece of hardware, or a particular feature, go to

http://linux.yyz.us/sata/

A nice thing in FAQ would be some info on problematic (blacklisted) SATA hardware that runs on Linux (vide "poor SATA performance under 2.6.11 (with < 2.6.11 is OK)?" thread), like Silicon Image 311x controllers + some Seagate drives [1].

Tomek

[1] although my drive is blacklisted (Seagate barracuda - ST3200822AS), I "unblacklisted" it to get full performance - it's under heavy stress for 12th hour, and still no error.