Re: 2.6 upgrade overall failure report (me too)

From: Mikael Abrahamsson
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 12:14:23 EST

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, Hubert Tonneau wrote:

I just have to second some of the problems you have run into.

. There is still a memory leak trouble (probably in tigon3 driver since others
reported so on kernel mailing list, and tigon3 is not a geek hardware since
most nowdays lowend servers use either tigon3 or pro1000)

I tried installing a machine that previously was running redhat 7.3 with 2.4.something with debian and 2.6 with tg3 driver and it just wouldn't even complete the install (debian installer didn't get past detecting the hardware). Same debian install with 2.4 worked perfectly.

. Since 2.6.10, the TCP task does not work anymore with OSX (2 Mbps instead
of 60 Mbps on a 100 Mbps wire)

I tried 2.6.11.2 but ran into weird TCP problems as well (intermittent timeouts and stalls), 2.6.8.1 works perfectly.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx