Re: E1000 - page allocation failure - saga continues :(

From: Lukas Hejtmanek
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 07:24:00 EST

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 02:10:31PM +0200, Yann Dupont wrote:
> I have those problems too. The (temporary ?) fix is to raise the
> min_free_kb to an higher value.
> echo 65535 > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes
>
> Maybe such an high value is totally silly, but at least I don't have
> those messages.

I know that kernel 2.6.6-bk4 works. So were there some memory manager changes
since 2.6.6? If so it looks like there are some bugs.
On the other hand, ethernet driver should not allocate much memory but rather
drop packets.

Btw, are you using some TCP tweaks? E.g. I have default TCP window size 1MB.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek