hang in rest_init, kernel_thread call 2.6.12-rc2

From: Anthony Russello
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 09:49:23 EST

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to bring 2.6.12-rc2 up on a board
using the Freescale 8240 CPU. I'm also using, for the
most part, the sandpoint platform specific code.

Currently I am experiencing a hang in the function
rest_init within init/main.c when the kernel attempts
to kick off its init thread:

kernel_thread(init, NULL, CLONE_FS | CLONE_SIGHAND);

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

Currently, in order to debug this I've been writing a
single character out to the address where the serial
port lies. That is how I've been able to determine
exactly where I'm stuck.

Has anyone else come across this? If so, how were you
able to debug it? I'd appreciate any tips or tricks
you might be able to give.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to
offer.

Cheers,
Anthony