Re: /proc/cpuinfo format - arch dependent!

From: Nico Schottelius
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 15:57:14 EST

Lee Revell [Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 04:42:12PM -0400]:
> On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 22:00 +0200, Nico Schottelius wrote:
> > Can you tell me which ones?
> >

> Multimedia apps like JACK and mplayer that use the TSC for high res
> timing need to know the CPU speed, and /proc/cpuinfo is the fast way to
> get it.
>
> Why don't you create sysfs entries instead? It would be better to have
> all the cpuinfo contents as one value per file anyway (faster
> application startup).

Well, sounds very good. It's a chance for me to learn to program
sysfs and also to create something useful.

So the right location to place that data would be
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuX?

Nico

--
Keep it simple & stupid, use what's available.
Please use pgp encryption: 8D0E 27A4 is my id.