RE: [Gelato-technical] Re: Serious performance degradation on a RAID with kernel 2.6.10-bk7 and later

From: David Mosberger
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 12:53:43 EST

>>>>> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:41:52 -0700, "Luck, Tony" <tony.luck@xxxxxxxxx> said:

Tony> Disk space issues? A complete git repository of the Linux
Tony> kernel with all changesets back to 2.4.0 takes just over 3G
Tony> ... which is big compared to BK, but 3G of disk only costs
Tony> about $1 (for IDE ... if you want 15K rpm SCSI, then you'll
Tony> pay a lot more). Network bandwidth is likely to be a bigger
Tony> problem.

Ever heard that data is a gas? My disks always fill up in no time at
all, no matter how big they are. I agree that network bandwidth is an
bigger issue, though.

Tony> There's a prototype web i/f at http://grmso.net:8090/ that's
Tony> already looking fairly slick.

Indeed. Plus it has a cool name, too. Thanks for the pointer.

--david