Re: ia64 git pull

From: Bernd Eckenfels
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 19:33:58 EST

In article <Pine.LNX.4.58.0504211608300.2344@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
> Why? Because I'm still using the stupid "get all objects" thing when I
> pull.

one could do a symlink/hardlink parallel tree for a specific snapshot with
GIT tools, and then only poll that with git-unaware copy tools.

I guess this would make sense for the most common kernel development lines.

Another improvement would be to add a "secondary storage fetch" script, so
the git tools can, if they cant find a object by hash just query an external
pool. In combination with the above this will allow users to compare progress.

Greetings
Bernd