Re: Linux 2.6.12-rc3: various swsusp problems

From: Stefan Seyfried
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 03:20:09 EST

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On 4/22/05, Stefan Seyfried <seife@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> - printk(KERN_ERR "swsusp: Suspend partition has wrong signature?\n");
>> + printk(KERN_ERR "swsusp: Suspend partition is no suspend image.\n");
>
> Hrm, I don't think it is a good message... What about "Suspend
> partition has no suspend image" or, better yet, "Suspend partition

fine with me,

> does not contain valid suspend image"?

the shorter, the better IMO but i do not really care to be honest.
It should just express that this usually is no error, so "wrong
signature" and maybe "not valid image" may scare the users. "has no
suspend image" sounds 'mostly harmless', so it may be best.

All IMO, and i am no native english speaker, so some proofreading is
always a good idea :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried, QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices, SUSE LINUX Nürnberg.

"Any ideas, John?"
"Well, surrounding them's out."