Ext3+ramdisk journaling problem

From: Xin Zhao
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 20:23:42 EST

hi,

I used ramdisk as an ext3 journal and mount ext3 file system with
option data=journal. It worked fine and speedup the ext3 file system.
However, After I reboot the system and try to mount that ext3
filesystem, the system reported:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda2,
or too many mounted file systems

This gave me a feeling taht the ramdisk is not a right journal
anymore. Any solution to this problem? Also, how to ensure that the
journal stored on the ramdisk is committed to ext3 filesystem before
it is umounted? Any commands to do this?

THanks in advance for your kind help.

Xin