Re: Mounting File System .

From: Artem B. Bityuckiy
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 07:02:11 EST

Mansi.Mahur@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I simply mount jffs2 on to a mount point
and test for jffs2 . But the behaviour is seen that if I give mount
point as /tmp and not any other directory I get abnormal behaviour like:
Frankly, I hardly understand what do you mean :-)

1.following log seen
[root@Linux tmp]$ waiting for chip to be ready timed out in word write
Write error in obliterating obsoleted node at 0x0011c570: -5
This implies JFFS2 can not write to flash. This must a problem of underlying layers (your driver is buggy, your HW is broken, etc).

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
00000000
This probably a bug in JFFS2 - it doesn't handle an error gracefully.

Please, do the following:

1. inform us about your kernel version;
2. explore http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org carefully;
3. try the latest MTD snapshot;
4. post to the MTD mailing list - all the MTD people are there.

If the last snapshot doesn't help, then:

1. enable MTD debugging and JFFS2 debug level 1 in your .config;
2. post the JFFS2/MTD debugging output;
3. post the output of 'cat /proc/mtd;
4. use the last MTD snapshot.

Cheers,
Artem.

--
Best regards, Artem B. Bityuckiy
Oktet Labs (St. Petersburg), Software Engineer.