Re: netdev watchdog

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 11:58:12 EST

Shaun Jackman wrote:
Upon booting my system, the boot fails and the following message is
displayed repeatedly:

NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status eb01.
diagnostics: net 0cfa media 88c0 dma 0000003a fifo 0000
eth0: Interrupt posted but not delivered -- IRQ blocked by another device?
Flags; bus-master 1, dirty 65(1) current 65(1)
Transmit list 00000000 vs d0c782a0
0: @d0c78200 length 8000002e status 8001002e

I also see the same message for eth2. I'd been happily booting this
2.6.8.1 kernel for months without trouble. I don't know where this is
coming from. The drivers for my three NICs are forcedeth, 3c59x, and
8139too. I'd be happy to give more information to help.

If you're looking for general causes did you plug in any other devices, on PCI or on USB/firewire? Add a disk, anything like that.

If you want real help you need to provide the usual information, see the BUG REPORTS doc in the source in the Documentation directory as I recall.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)