RE: [2.6 patch] drivers/scsi/aacraid/: make some functions static

From: Salyzyn, Mark
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 13:41:22 EST

:-)

Ah, but you misunderstand, there was no mind reading (nor is there any
ill will or serious admonition of the people or the process). I saw the
patch on the list by Adrian in November and applied it to my branch of
the aacraid driver in anticipation of its acceptance. This is a case of
the patch dropping on the floor and I am wondering where it got lost 'in
the system'.

Adrian did the right thing by resending it. However, resending it also
shows that the community was denied a patch for 5 months.

Maybe we should institute a procedure where the 'Signed-off-by' person
is privately mailed an ACK or NAK at each stage of acceptance of a patch
they authored? But that does not deal with patches that are dropped on
the floor though.

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn