Re: preempt-count oddities - still looking for comments :)

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 15:05:00 EST

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Robert Love wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 19:46 +0200, Jesper Juhl wrote:
>
> > I'll update the patch(es) then and use __s32 in the structure and s32
> > elsewhere.
>
> You can actually use s32 everywhere, since the structure is never
> exported to user-space...although some architectures already have the
> __ugly versions in there.

Hmm, one downside to using "s32" instead of plain "int" is that not all
thread_info.h files get asm/types.h pulled in and then won't have that
type defined (m68knommu is one such as far as I can see). Would this make
"int" prefered after all or should I just include asm/types.h where needed
or just include it everywhere? seems logical that the file that uses
header includes it directly instead of it getting included implicitly by
other headers (like i386 where thread_info.h includes asm/page.h that then
includes asm/mmx.h that then includes linux/types.h that finally includes
asm/types.h).
Personally I'd just add the asm/types.h include to all the thread_info.h
files (or go back to using int) - what's your preference?

--
Jesper